May 31, 2008
UNetbootin has built-in support for many distributions. It works with Linux and Windows. Check it out for yourself:
May 21, 2008
The Ubuntu Developer Channel on YouTube has gone live - a site that will be stuffed full of videos about Ubuntu development. To kick off the channel, Tony Whitmore will be doing interviews throughout UDS this week. The first couple are with James Westby of bzr fame and Jono Bacon.
Keep an eye on the Ubuntu Developer Channel this week, as more videos are added.http://www.youtube.com/ubuntudevelopers
May 9, 2008
- Install Wine - sudo apt-get install wine
- Follow the instructions here, I suggest making the permanent file change as else you'll have to run it after every reboot
- At the terminal run winecfg and change the under libraries change rpcrt4.dll and msxml3.dll to Windows native.
- Go to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 and delete the two dll's above
- Add this dll to the folder above
- Get this text, save it to a file locally and run the file by sh filename
- When this runs, select the 3 msxml options and let the installs for these run
- Now run setup.exe from your Office 2007 installation disk
- Following this, run the winetricks script from before again and run dotnet2
- All being well, success!
Also, following installation you might notice that you can't access all the shortcuts as the GNOME window gets in the way, you can get around this by disabling 'Allow the window manager to control the windows' in the wine config.