Jun 2, 2009
Banshee 1.5.0 released!
Banshee 1.5.0 (aka 1.6 beta 1) has just been released. There's a list of new features, enhancements and bug fixes here.
* Powerful unicode-aware case-insensitive search; i.e. n matches Ã‘ and vice-versa
* Locale-specific, case-insensitive, unicode-aware sorting
* Artist/album/track sort fields support; i.e. can set artist sort to "Beatles, The"
* Separate library locations for Music, Video, and Podcast
* Creative Commons-aware license column/field
* Score column/field, automatically updated when played/skipped
* Beats per minute (BPM) support: column/field, preference to autodetect library-wide
* Rhythmbox library/metadata importer
This is a beta release, debuting a lot of big underlying changes. It also has tons of fixes, polish, and performance improvements. It is the result of six months work by more than 30 contributors.
Banshee is looking awesome as always and I really hope Banshee will replace Rhythmbox in Ubuntu 9.10.
If you digg Banshee you might also find Neil Loknath's blogpost title "Banshee Going Telepathic!" interesting. Neil has done some cool stuff, like added the option to announce what Banshee is currently playing to all of your contacts. Check it out here.
More info and download links for Banshee 1.5.0: http://banshee-project.org/download/archives/1.5.0/