May 27, 2009

All over the internet

My heart always skips a beat when I see my own work on other sites. When I see that, I’ll know I did something good or something really bad. A lot of sites posted my Ubuntu 8.04 DVD cover and my release party posters.

Today I came across a mockup I created some time ago on Stefano Forenza’s blog for the AppCenter. What surprised me even more was to discover the same mockup was posted on Softpedia. Below the image they wrote: “Ubuntu AppCenter mockup made by MadsRH - Image courtesy of Canonical


Yesterday I listen to the UbuntuPodcast (Episode #29) and they were taking about my post on podcasts. I wrote:
The Ubuntu Podcast (not to be mistaken for the Ubuntu UK podcast) seems a bit too casual for me (some might even say unprofessional), sitting in their couch drinking beer.

They seemed to take it more personally than it was intended. Some people might like the casual style rather than the kind of news/talkshow-like podcasts – personally I don’t. Don’t get me wrong, I love listening to the show.

While we’re on the topic of getting your stuff all over the internet, I should mention I’ve submitted yet another wallpaper on the Karmic Koala backgrounds wiki. It posted under abstract and you can find it here.

Sources:
- http://www.stefanoforenza.com/ubuntu-appstore-in-the-workings/
- http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-AppCenter-112572.shtml
- http://ubuntupodcast.net/
- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Karmic/Backgrounds

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mads go on working as you already discovered yourself, you're the most appropriate blog about ubuntu I know, not too much developing specific but nice and user orientaded thank you very much for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. benste: Thank you for the kind words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mads,

    We definitely didn't take it personally, we were just having some fun. Some folks want us to do the show a certain way stylistically, and then there are viewers who want us to do it completely the opposite.

    We appreciate the feedback and thanks for watching!

    ReplyDelete